Alpha Turbo Kit & Welter Performance Exhaust System Questions

SlingRider

OK, I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

I was finally able to take my Slingshot out for a first drive. It was 60 degrees outside and my Slingshot has sat in the garage for a few months. Only has 32 miles on it now. So I'm hoping this is a break in issue.

When I start my Slingshot up it won't run, I mean I can't give it gas to get it out of the garage as it has no power from being cold. It won't move until it has ran for a little bit and if you hit the gas it stalls out. The fumes are horrible from running rich. Is this normal for the Alpha Turbo Kit? We ran the Slingshot for about an hour and the fumes seems to go away overtime, but I could feel heat in the cabin and the noise was quite loud.

My next question is can I use the Welter exhaust with my set-up now which is the complete Alpha Turbo Kit and will this system cut the noise, heat, and smell down? Is it hard to install also?

@SlingMods can you help me?

Thanks,
SlingRider

Hey @SlingRider Oh wow, let me get in contact with Alpha and see if they would have any further suggestions. Haven't heard of this myself. As far as the welter goes, yes you could but you would have to order the turbo version of the welter dual which is a bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion! The Welter exhaust has a great sound and appearance. It gets rid of exhaust fumes pretty well, since now it is exiting out behind you instead of in front of you. As soon as I hear back from Alpha on this I will let you know!

How did this end? Did you get it installed? Did it work? Did it reduce the fumes in the cabin, i really want this setup with the welter duals and the alpha turbo... Please fill us in, thank you.

Totally worth the money! No fumes, and sounds bad ass my friend!!!

@Taps

Back